2020 Post-doctoral Fellowship Recruitment Announcement
Business School of Central South University
I. Introduction of Post-doctoral Research Stations
Currently, the Business School at Central South University has two post-doctoral research stations, "Management Science and Engineering" and "Business Management".
The discipline of “Management Science and Engineering” (discipline code 120100) is a national key discipline research station. In the fourth round of National Discipline Evaluation by the Ministry of Education in 2016, its evaluation result is A-, which is one of the 12 disciplines listed in A-level of Central South University. This discipline has formed many research directions with distinct characteristics, such as decision theory and method, information management and big data analysis, the construction of resource-conserving and environment-friendly society and ecological civilization construction, behavioral finance, financial engineering, e-commerce and business intelligence, and engineering management. This research station has a strong research team with core members of an academician of Chinese Academy of Engineering, winners of National Outstanding Youth Fund and other experts and scholars, and has achieved a series of important achievements with international leading level.
The discipline of Business Management (discipline code 120200) is one of the influential research stations in China. In 2019, the discipline was among the top 7 percent of all ranking universities and ranked 21st of the discipline ranking of the Shanghai Ranking’s Academic Ranking of World Universities and was rated B+ in the fourth round of National Discipline Evaluation by the Ministry of Education. The research station covers many sub-disciplines such as business management, accounting, marketing, technical economy and management, industrial economy and regional management, and resource economy and management. After years of discipline construction, the research station has formed clear objectives and distinctive features: keep up with the international frontier development trend of disciplines and pay attention to practical problems in China’s development; carry out simultaneously academic research and social service, and synchronize theoretical innovation and methodology innovation; serve local economic construction on the base of the central south region.
1. Relevant professional education background and age under 35 with doctoral degree obtained outside the mainland China in recent three years;
2. Good mental and physical conditions, sound ideology and morality, and good credit records;
3. Strong independent research ability and team spirit;
4. Meet one of the following requirements:
? One published paper on journal rated at or above 2* in the ABS list (also indexed in SSCI/SCI).
? One paper submitted to a journal rated 3* or above in the ABS list (also indexed in SSCI/SCI), and under the second round review.
? PhD school ranked in the top 300 global universities (USNEWS、QS、THE、ARWU Rankings) with full academic potential.
v The ABS list is based on the ABS Academic Journal Guide 2018. Please refer to the website to check the detailed journal rating list:
v Only papers published by the post-doctoral fellow as the first author or corresponding author, or as the second author with the supervisor as the first author during doctoral study, shall be counted; all papers counted shall be published in recent four years.
III. Working Period
1. General working period of a post-doctoral position is two years, but can be extended for another two years (unpaid). The longest working period is four years. Especially excellent post-doctoral fellow can apply to leave the station in advance with working period no less than 21 months.
2. The post-doctoral fellow that needs extension should put forward a written application one month before the working deadline, and report to the doctor management office of the University for approval, otherwise station qualification withdrawal will be carried out in 3 months.
1. A salary of 160,000 yuan (pre-tax) per year is provided by the University, and the School provides supplementary support in the form of "cooperative tutor + school support" ranging from 40,000 to 90,000yuan per year. The specific amount is negotiable;
2. 20,000 yuan is given as the initial research fund during the working period;
3. Post-doctoral fellows will hold a priority position in being considered for lecturership/professorship of the Business School of Central South University at the successful completion of the post-doctoral working period;
4. Faculty housing will be arranged by the housing management office of the University according to relevant regulations. Those who do not get housing from the University due to the shortage of housing resources can apply for a 2-year rental subsidy of 1800 yuan/month;
5. Post-doctoral fellow who has not obtained the professional title before entering the research station will be recognized as the title of Assistant Researcher by the University after applying for professional and technical positions based on the criteria of their own schools (affiliated hospitals);
6. The children of the post-doctoral fellow can enter into the kindergarten and schools in the University.
V. Station Exit Evaluation Standards
Post-doctoral station exit requirements of CSU Business School shall be met. Please contact our administration office at email@example.com for details.
VI. Application Procedures
1. Submit application to the School
The school administrative office will review the application materials and submit them to the School Party and Administrative Joint Meeting for interview list;
The interview will be organized by the School Professor Committee, and the final recruitment decision will be determined in the School Party and Administrative Joint Meeting;
3. Recruitment procedures
Detailed recruitment procedures please refer to http://bsh.csu.edu.cn/jczzn/jzxz.htm.
Business School of Central South University
Address: Room 205, Management Building of Business School, No. 932, South Lushan Road, Changsha City, Hunan Province, P. R. C
Contact person: Ms. Ai ,Ms. Xie